Sheep and Goat Management Training in Maharashtra:-
Sheep and goat rearing is traditional occupation of economically weaker sections of society, particularly in rain shadow areas. These two species have been a major source of economic sustenance and financial cushioning, this section of society. Comparatively smaller body size, adaptability to a wide range of agro-climatic conditions, ever-increasing demand and prices for mutton/chevon have rendered them suitable for weaker sections, educated unemployed and progressive farmers. Various banks as well as Government under various schemes provide financial assistance to the farmers and small entrepreneurs for starting sheep/ goat rearing. To enable the farmers/new entrepreneurs to start the business based on scientific knowledge and also to get maximum benefit from sheep & goat rearing, these institutes demand for a training certificate in this subject. Considering the importance of Sheep & Goat Management Training, Punyashloka Ahilyadevi Maharashtra Mendhi Va sheli Vikas Mahamandal Ltd has started providing Sheep & Goat Management Training at all the farms as well as at the head office, Gokhalenagar, Pune.
The details of the training are as follows-
Syllabus for the Sheep & Goat Management Training Course:-
- Sheep & Goat Industry in Maharashtra-Sheep & Goat Population, Mutton & Chevon production in India Maharashtra, Slaughterhouses in Maharashtra, Export of Meat, Goat Milk production etc.
- Sheep & Goat Breeds– Region wise classification of Indian sheep/Goat Breeds, Information about their phenotypic characters, classification of breeds based on utility/function, Study of Sheep/Goat breeds of Maharashtra in detail.
- Sheep & Goat Management Systems in Maharashtra – Detailed information about Intensive System, Semi-intensive system, Extensive system
- Housing Management of Sheep & Goat – Principles of goat housing (Orientation, floor requirements, Ventilation), Space requirements for Does/Ewes kids/lambs, breeding bucks/rams, Different types of Goat houses, Goat appliances
- Feeding Management of Sheep & Goat- Feeding behavior, Nutrient requirement (Protein, Carbohydrates, Fat, Minerals & Vitamins & Water), Roughages, Concentrates, Detailed information about Silage making, feeding of pregnant does/ewes, breeding bucks/rams, lambs/kids
- Reproduction in Sheep & Goat- Selection of males & females for breeding, Systems of Breeding (Inbreeding, Cross breeding, Grading), Signs of estrous, Gestation period, Artificial Insemination in Sheep & Goats
- Management of lams/kids- Care of newly born kid/ram, importance of Colostrum feeding, Weaning, Feeding, Kid/lamb mortality
- Common diseases of sheep/goats- Bacterial diseases, viral diseases, parasitic diseases
- Disease Preventive measures- De-worming, vaccination schedule, first-aid etc.
- Insurance of animals – valuation, premium rates, coverage, Veterinary Examinations (Soundness certificates), Loss settlement, Claim procedure
- Transportation and sale of Sheep & Goats: Ways of transport, care during transportation, Determination of book value of sheep/goat
- Project reports: Assumptions for preparation of Project report, purchase of animals, cost of housing, feeding, medicine, investments & profit
- Record keeping: Pedigree Register, Breeding Register, Weight Register, Health Register etc.
For Exotic Sheep Breeds in India : Read Here.
Details of Training duration, fees, Calendar etc.
|Sr. No||Name of the Farm||Duration||Calender||Fees||Contact Number|
|1||Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Mendhi Va Sheli Vikas Prakshtra, Ranjani, Tk. Kawathemahankal, Dist-Sangli.||3 days||Second Monday to Friday|
of every month
|Rs. 250/-||Farm Manager|
|2||Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Mendhi Va Sheli Vikas Prakshtra, Mahud, Tk. Sangola, Dist-Solapur||3 days||From date 26th to 30th of every month||Rs. 250/-||Farm Manager 02187-246867|
|3||Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Mendhi Va Sheli Vikas Prakshtra, Dahiwadi Tk. man Dist-Satara||3 days||From date 21st to 25th of every month||Rs. 250/||Farm Manager 02165-204480|
|4||Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Mendhi Va Sheli Vikas Prakshtra, Padegaon, Dist-Aurangabad||3 days||From date 26th to 30th of every month||Rs. 550/||Farm Manager 0240-2370449|
|5||Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Mendhi Va Sheli Vikas Prakshtra, Jalgaon, Tk. Chalisgoan, Dist-Jalgoan||3 days||From date 23rd to 27th of every month||Rs. 250/||Farm Manager 02589-222457|
|6||Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Mendhi Va Sheli Vikas Prakshtra, Tirth, Tk.Tuljapur, Dist-Osmanabad||3 days||From date 25th to 29th|
of every month
|Rs. 250/||Farm Manager 02471-259066|
|7||Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Mendhi Va Sheli Vikas Prakshtra, Ambejogai, Dist-Beed.||3 days||From date 26th to 30th of every month||Rs. 250/||Farm Manager 02346-247239|
|8||Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Mendhi Va Sheli Vikas Prakshtra, Mukhed, Dist-Nanded||3 days||From date 25th to 29th of every month||Rs. 250/||Farm Manager 02461-202022|
|9||Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Mendhi Va Sheli Vikas Prakshtra, Pohara, Tk. & Dist-Amravati.||3 days||From date 25th to 29th of every month||Rs. 250/||Farm Manager 0721-2385523|