Table of Contents
Osmanabadi Goat Farming:
Let us talk about in this article, why Osmanabadi goat farming is profitable.
Why osmanabadi goat farming is profitable:
These osmanabadi goats are suitable for stall feed,semi stall feed and open grazing goat farm systems.You will get the best of female goats(does),which yields plenty of milk(1-2ltr per day*) and kids (4-8 per yr*).
The best part of these osmanabadi goats is that,they can accommodate easily in any part of the country,they are disease resistant’s so that they provides you huge profit in lesser time.They eats any farm fodder,vegetables,grass,pulp of pulses which are usually thrown by the farmers as waste part. Osmanabadi goats are recommended by veterinary doctors for goat farming.Start your goat farm business with these specially selected osmanabadi goats and earn handsome profit.With sky rocketing meat prices, shortage of supply and increased demand for meat,goat farming has become a viable business option.This breed is considered useful both for meat and milk.
1) Osmanabadi Goat Farming : These goats are widely distributed in osmanabad,latur and nearby small town places in Maharastra.
2) Osmanabadi Goat Farming : Osmanabadi goats are known due to their reproductive capacity and yeilding milk.Each osmanabadi goats gives birth twice a year.Gestation period is of 5 months.
3) Osmanabadi Goat Farming :Osmanabadi Goat Farming: Twining is common in osmanabadi goats.Triplest and quadraplets may also occurs. Miliking ability 1-2 litres per day.Milking period is of 3months after each pregnancy.
4) Also there is an insurance facility available from Govt. Of india to insure your goat.A goat of 10,000 rs is insured for 150rs,by united india insurance or any other company.
5) Kids should provide goat milk for at least 1 months.For first 7days goat milk is essential as it contains high amount of colostrum.Which is essential for growth and proper development of body and also to survive against diseases.
6) Osmanabadi Goat Farming : Osmanabadi goats can accommodate easily in any part of india.They are disease resistant then any other goats of india.This is the main reason that there demand is very high in all parts of the country.
7) Osmanabadi Goat Farming : Osmanabadi goats eats any farm fodder.They doen’t requires any special fodder.you can supply them vegetables,grains,grass etc from local market.Hence their feeding cost is also very low.
8) Osmanabadi Goat Farming : Each osmanabadi goat eats 2-3 kg of green fodder and half kg of dry fodder every day.Dry fodder includes cutting of wheat grass,wheat remainings,pulp of pulses,grains,maze,lentils- which are mostly burned by farmers or thrown away as waste parts of grains.So even dry fodder can easily available at any place.
9) Osmanabadi Goat Farming : Dry fodder is essential for lactating goats for greater milk performance.And also for the kids for faster body growth in lesser time.
10) Kids of above 2 months eats 1kg of green fodder and 100-200 grams of dry fodder. Kids of above 6 months eats 2-3 kg of green fodder and half kg of dry fodder.
11) Lactating Goats and kids are also feeded with the fodder containing high ratio of selenium,zinc,iron,iodine n vitamin E twice a weak.It is easily available in any veterinary medical shop in the form of bricks.Remember sheep fodder is different from goat fodder.Dont buy the fodder on which it is written for goats & sheep.
12) Water intake of goats is very less as they are desert animals.Each goat drinks less than 500ml of water in a day.
13) Osmanabadi Goat Farming : At the end a osmanabadi buck (male goat)of 6 months weights 20-25 kg.And of 10 months 32-37kg. And does(female goat) of 8 months 20-25kg.And of 1 year its above 40 kg.
14) Osmanabadi Goat Farming : Meat of osmanabadi goat is a rich source of protein and is low in fats n cholesterol.It provides a great taste than any other goat meat.So demand of bucks is very high in any part of country.
15) Osmanabadi Goat Farming : The leather obtained from skin of osamabadi goat is of good quality.It has a high demand too.This leather is of high quality used for furnitures and footwears in large scale.
Marketing/selling of osmanabadi goats of your farm.
Selling of goat is not a big problem at all.Goats are like blank cheques in your pocket,you can turn goats into cash even at midnight.
a.You can sell goats in your local market throug any agent or if you have time then you dont need any broker or agent to sale them.Its always better to sell the goats by yourself.
b.you can sell it to butcher(slaughter house owner) just contact any butcher of your local area.They requires 100 of male goats per month(yearly 1200male goats).There is lot of shortage of goats so any butcher can easily buys it as they requires huge number of goats.Do u know that a 100goats farm is not enough even for a small local butcher to depend on those kids,of 100 female goats for meat.
c.you can advertise in your local newspaper for selling goats,i think u will not require that coz single butcher is enough.
d.You can sell male goats at the time of bakrid eid.Just go your local goat market and check the rates at time of eid.They are very high,nearly double the rate.Bakrid Eid requires minimum of 1 year male goat according to muslim customs and Holy Qurans.
e.you can open your own meat shops by keeping butcher on monthly payment basis.The payment of butcher is own by selling the skin of goats which are slaughtered.
For Indian Agriculture : Read here.
Read: Goat Project Reports.